Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Area wide interstate road reconstruction work continuesArea wide interstate road reconstruction work continues

    The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) continues construction on both directions of the M-14/I-96 project between Sheldon and Newburgh Roads. As always, this work is weather dependent and always subject to change.
    I-96/M-14 has two lanes open from Levan Road to Beck Road, except under I-275, where it will have one through-lane open, plus the exit ramp lanes. This will remain in place through late August, according to officials.
    Eastbound I-96/M-14 will have two lanes open from Beck Road to Levan Road through late August.
    Local road closures remaining in place for ongoing bridge work include Schoolcraft Road over M-14 until early November and one lane closed in each direction on Haggerty over M-14. Robinwood Drive over M-14 has been reopened.
    This three-year, $139 million investment includes rebuilding the freeway with new concrete pavement from Sheldon Road to Newburgh Road, including the ramps at the M-14/I-96/I-275 interchange. Additionally, the work will include maintenance on 17 bridges and rebuilding the I-275 Metro Trail along M-14 from Edward Hines Drive to I-275. Bridge work and shoulder widening will be happening throughout the summer, then next year eastbound M-14/I-96 will be rebuilt, followed by the westbound lanes in 2026.
    Visit the project consultant’s website (m14reconstruction.org) for more project details and contact information.