Thursday, May 4, 2023

City roadwork under way

Drivers in Romulus can expect a few traffic delays and detours when road construction season begins.

As early as this week, workers from the Wayne County Roads Division are slated to begin the Wayne Road and Ecorse Road intersection reconstruction project. The intersection will be closed to all traffic until the estimated completion time this fall. 

The northbound I-275 ramps to eastbound and westbound I-94 were scheduled to close at 7 a.m. May 1. The ramps will remain closed through early July, officials said.  The eastbound I-94 ramp to northbound I-275 will also be closed through early July.

The westbound I-94 ramp to northbound I-275 will close at 7 a.m. May 8 and remain closed through early July, according to Wayne County officials.

Like all construction projects, weather and other unforeseen issues can play a role in potential delays, they said, and all timeframes are estimates. 

County officials reminded motorists to drive with caution through the areas and respect all posted speed limits.