Thursday, February 8, 2024

Chilling Out

Kate Hart


Clear skies and bright sunshine was a great start to the Ice Festival.  
Though the warmer temperatures threatened to melt the many ice sculptures, they survived perfect weather for the festival. 


Plymouth is host of numerous festivals, but the Ice Festival is a favorite, with activities that cater to people of all ages.  Jake Villar, a 7th Grader at 

Plymouth Middle School, lives walking distance from Downtown.  “I can walk to Downtown from my house which is only five minutes away.  

I brought my dog Charlie to the Three Dog Bakery, bought a lemonade, and had our picture taken at one of the ice sculptures.  It’s so cool, that they allow dogs and I can walk there.  It’s my favorite festival”


EG Nicks, a popular restaurant in Plymouth, hosted a party for the event, which had an ice bar and a heated tent.  The ice bar is an annual favorite.  Indoors, a live band, Power Play Detroit, rocked the bar drawing a huge crowd.  Customers waited in line throughout the night to join the party inside.