Thursday, October 29, 2020

Letters: Incumbents are supported

Dear Sumpter Township Neighbors and Friends,

I have lived in Sumpter Township for close to 40 years and have witnessed many elected official come go, some good and some bad.    

I firmly believe that the performance of the incumbents John Morgan (Supervisor), Esther Hurst (Clerk), Matt Oddy (Trustee), Don Laporte (Trustee), and Tim Rush (Trustee) over the last 4 years has been excellent.  Based on the township meetings I attend and watch, these incumbents have proven to me that they are honest and that they provide transparency and always make sound decisions which support the residents of Sumpter.

The current board has increased the General Fund $2.7 million dollars, has reduced pension debt by $160,000, secured over $400,000 in Block and Grant funds, upgraded our street lighting which saves the residents thousands each year and is responsible for our township being the first township to be Storm Ready.  There are many other accomplishments the board has achieved which have benefited us which I have not included.   

Please take your vote seriously and review the candidates and their backgrounds as I have done.  Don't fall for the political rhetoric and accusations presently being made by disruptive groups we have in Sumpter.  I'm voting for these honest, "for the people" incumbents and I urge all the voters in our township to join me in supporting them.  

Dick Harrison

Sumpter Township