Thursday, November 3, 2022

That's the spirit

Michael Manson, Jr. of Inkster received the 2022 Spirit of Detroit award from the City of Detroit for outstanding achievement and service to the community. Manson founded House of Jit, LLC, showcasing Detroit Jit, a legendary local street dance style. His Joyce Awards-winning project "Rhythm of the Feet" will be a concert-length dance production presented in partnership with Living Arts.  Manson said he was "Blessed to win the Spirit of Detroit award and I couldn't have did this without God , hard work and dedication. I've invited so many people on this journey and many didn't believe in the process, but for those that did, I would like to thank you all for that. I will also like to thank the city of Inkster supporting me since day one.  I Would like to thank Gabriela Santiago-Romero for giving me this award." A Spirit of Detroit Award can be requested from any city council member for a person, event or organization being honored for an outstanding achievement or service to the citizens of Detroit.